The Start Your Life Grant is a new initiative for UA alumni that have graduated college during the 2022-2023 school year and later. UA Foundation wants to help alumni that are transitioning from college to the workforce by providing a $250 grant that can be used toward moving expenses, office supplies, professional clothing, etc. Read the program guidelines here.
UA alumni that graduated from a trade, bachelor’s, or master’s degree program during the 2022-2023 school year or later
- Secured a full-time position in their chosen career field within 6 months of their college graduation
- December grads -> June
- May grads -> November
- Complete the application form
- Send your job verification documents to [email protected]
- Job offer letter, work email, first paystub, or other documentation that displays your job details
- The Alumni Success Program Director will reach out to you for any follow-up regarding your check or post-grad plans
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I’m going to grad school after undergrad, can I still get the grant?
No. However, you will be able to apply for the grant after completing grad school and securing a full-time job.
Does this grant replace the $500 graduation award?
No. You will be awarded the $500 graduation award AND this $250 grant, if eligible.
Can I still get the grant if I graduated with my associate’s degree and secured a full-time job?
Yes. Alumni that have completed vocational or associate’s programs and secured a job in their career field are eligible to apply for this grant.
So I can apply for the CIP (College Incentive Program) award, the graduation award, and this grant?
Yes. As long as you complete the CIP application and this application, you are eligible.
If I graduated during the 2021-2022 school year, am I eligible?
No. We are piloting this program for the 2022-2023 school year. Only students that have graduated within this school year and later are currently eligible.