The Alumni Council members are critical to ensuring UA Foundation successfully fulfills its mission and develops into a mostly alumni driven, successful, and sustainable organization. The Alumni Council works to enable and encourage the entire UA alumni base to have a positive impact in terms of social and community engagement. The Alumni Council serves as a key group that:
- advises UA Foundation on its alumni and student programs
- develops events and opportunities to foster connections between alumni and each other as well as the greater UA alumni community
- serves as the official alumni ambassadors to both UA Foundation and UA
The mission of the University Academy Alumni Council is to support and advise UA Foundation to advance the personal, academic, and professional goals of UA students and alumni, connect UA alumni to each other, contribute to the effectiveness of UA Foundation, and represent the greater UA alumni base in the community.
Current Alumni Council Leadership
- Avionne Jones (2017), President
- Katanna Clark (2004), Secretary
- Alexis Tolbert (2016), Treasurer
- Brittany Hill-Dixon Lewis (2009), Fundraising Chair
- Darrenn White (2010), Community Service Chair
- Jada Glover (2017), Events Co-Chair
- Will Powell (2017), Events Co-Chair
Interested in joining?
We are looking for committed and dedicated Alumni to join the Alumni Council and the Alumni Council Committees.
The Alumni Council
- To contribute, engage, and be dedicated to the mission and vision of the Alumni Council
- Meeting Schedule: 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30pm
- Finding opportunities for UA alumni to give back
- Meeting Schedule: 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7pm
Community Service Committee
- Finding opportunities for UA alumni and students to participate in service projects together
- Meeting Schedule: 3rd Thursday of each month following the AC meeting
- Finding opportunities for UA alumni to gather together and engage with alumni focused programs and activities
- Meeting Schedule: 2nd Monday of each month at 12pm*
*subject to change
This is a great way to volunteer your time and give back while leaving a positive impact. We are bridging the gap between current students, new alumni, seasoned alumni, UA Foundation, and UA Foundation’s community partners. We look forward to you joining. If you have any questions please reach out to Alumni Council President, Avionne Jones, at [email protected].